See Your Doctor From the Convenience of Your Home
We are all making changes to adapt to social distancing as a result of the COVID-19 virus. Some changes make things more convenient and are likely to continue even past the virus outbreak. One of these is telehealth.
What is Telehealth?
It is the ability to deliver healthcare remotely by means of telecommunications technology. We call these “virtual visits.” When it is difficult or inconvenient for you to come to our office, we can schedule a telehealth visit with one of the doctors or technicians to evaluate your condition and provide treatment options.
We can provide the following services through a virtual visit with a doctor:
- Emergency and urgent eye care needs (vision loss, red eyes, dry eyes, painful or sore eyes, flashing lights, floaters)
- New patient and follow-up care for cornea, lens, and retina conditions (keratoconus, cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration)
- Second opinions for patients and doctors (MDs and ODs)
- Virtual Free VIP Consultations for vision correction (LASIK and custom lens replacement).
How to Connect to a Telehealth Call
Please try to connect five minutes prior to your appointment time in case of any issues. Here are some tips for getting the best connection for your appointment:
- Find a quiet, private, distraction-free space
- Use a phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer with a good internet connection and a webcam
- You will need to use Chrome, Safari, or Firefox web browsers
- Make sure to “allow” access to the audio and video on your device
More questions? Learn more about our telehealth program here.